General Liability Insurance
Compare quotes & buy online in 10 mins
What is general liability insurance?
General liability insurance covers you if a customer or passerby is injured while on your business property. It also covers you if you or someone who works for you damages a client’s property while doing work.
What does general liability insurance cover?
- General liability insurance will pay for medical expenses if someone slips and falls while in your shop, office or other workplace.
- It will also cover you if you or someone who works for you breaks a vase, floods a basement, or causes other damage to a client’s property while doing work.
- General liability insurance also protects you against lawsuits of advertising injuries, such as infringing on a trademarked copyright or slogan if your business’s ad is too similar to another ad; or if you inadvertently use an idea in your ads that belongs to a third party.
Who needs general liability insurance?
Most businesses benefit from general liability insurance. The simple rule of thumb is that if you, your employees, or your business activities can possibly cause bodily injury or property damages to any third party, you will need general liability coverage.
Contractors are the typical professionals that need general liability insurance coverage. Learn more at the cheapest general liability insurance companies for contractors.
A lawsuit for an injury that results from a customer slip and fall in your workplace could cost you millions of dollars, which would likely put you out of business. Plus, would you be able to pay out of pocket if you or someone who works for you damaged a valuable painting in a client’s home while working near it? The answer for most small business owners is NO, which is why they need general liability coverage.
How much does general liability insurance cost?
The cost of general liability insurance can vary dramatically. It’s based on factors like the size of your business, number of locations, company industry, the risks you face, and more.
Small businesses usually pay as low as $35 a month for general liability coverage.
Learn more details at how much general liability insurance costs for different types of businesses
Cheap general liability insurance
This is coverage you definitely don’t want to skip on even your small business is on tight budget. For some small businesses such as contractors, construction, handyman, cleaning, landscaping, roofing, and HVAC, it is required for you to earn business from your customers.
Compare quotes from several providers to find the general liability coverage you need at a price you can afford. Learn more at the cheapest general liability insurance companies for small businesses.
Top states where most small businesses are looking for general liability insurance
Why buy general liability insurance from BravoPolicy?
Great question! Here are three good reasons:
- You’ll probably pay less for your general liability insurance with BravoPolicy. Our customers save 20% on average.
- We can get your small business covered in about 10-15 minutes.
- You can manage all of your business insurance needs through our online portal. No paperwork needed. No need to wait on the phone for hours to speak to customer service.
General Liability Insurance FAQs
What happens if I don’t get general liability insurance?
You could be forced to pay legal and settlement costs if a client, customer or passerby is injured on your business property. The same is true if you or someone who works for you damages something owned by a client when you’re working on their property. The costs related to these two things are often enough to put a small business out of operation.
Does general liability cover employee injuries when they happen in the workplace?
No. Employee injuries and illnesses that happen because of work related reasons are covered by workers’ compensation insurance. Learn more about the latest changes in workers comp insurance that small businesses need to know.
How much general liability coverage do I need?
Your level of coverage depends on the size of your business property, number of locations, and type of work you do. The standard coverage for a small business is $100K per incident and $300K per year. However, you can increase or decrease the coverage amount as you see fit.
Get a quote in five minutes.
Everything’s online. Everything’s easy and fast. Click the button to get started.