As an entrepreneur, it is critical that you take careful consideration of which business insurance you buy. Building a successful business will take years of hard work. You do not want that effort to be wasted on a policy that does not cover your business in its time of need.
In this article we’ll examine the benefits of selecting Farmers Insurance provider for your small business. The first aspect to be reviewed is the company’s reputation among its customers and the business world in general. Then we will explore which services the organization provides. Lastly, we will obtain a sample quote to give you a glimpse into their process. Continue reading for the full review.
- Pros and Cons
- Farmers Business Insurance Product Options: Score 90/100
- Financial Strength Ratings for Farmers Small Business Insurance: Score 60/100
- Customer Satisfaction Ratings for Farmers Small Business Insurance: Score 90/100
- Consumer Complaints Ratings of Farmers Small Business Insurance: Score 40/100
- Digital Experience Ratings of Farmers Small Business Insurance: Score 50/100
- Farmers Insurance offers a good variety of general coverage options that can be tailored to 13 different industries. If you are in these 13 industries, it is an advantage to work with Farmers to insurance your business since they might have expertise in these industries.
- Farmers ranks fourth in the small commercial insurance customer satisfaction ratings, according to J.D. Power’s latest 2019 U.S. Small Commercial Insurance Study, earning them a “Better Than Most” status in this reputable customer satisfaction study.
- Consumer feedback, as provided by the Better Business Bureau, is terrible. In the last three years, 701 complaints have been filed and only 216 have been resolved in the last 12 months.
- While the digital experience is quite nice, Farmers doesn’t offer insurance quotes online. This is a con if you want to buy insurance online and not interested in working with agents.
Farmers Business Insurance Product Options
Farmers offers eight main policy options to safeguard your business in a wide array of circumstances:
- Commercial Property: this protects your business’ building, property, income and/or inventory.
- General Liability: with this coverage you are safeguarded against issues such as wrongful termination or injuries to customers.
- Crime: provides assurance that money mishandled by employees or third-party vendors does not sink your business.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: covers any cars, trucks or vans owned, leased or rented by your business.
- Workers’ Compensation: a blend of coverages to help employee if they get sick or injured on the job.
- Umbrella: additionally liability coverage to reinforce an existing policy.
- Life: coverage options to attract and retain the best talent and create succession plans.
- Loss Control: services to increase safety in the workplace and improve efficiency.
Farmers applies these main coverage options in different permutations in 13 different industries for maximum protection. Those industries include:
- Apartment: For anyone who owns property, whether it is a small apartment building, a large apartment complex or anything in between.
- Auto Serve and Repair: For people who own of shops specializing in collision repair, oil changes, transmission repair and more.
- Commercial Real Estate: Perfect for entrepreneurs who own larger real estate properties such as office buildings, retail shopping centers, industrial parks, warehouses and self-storage facilities..
- Education and Non-Profit: Ideal for organizations like schools and civics groups.
- Home and Building Services: Great for businesses that service real estate e.g. Plumbers, painters, carpenters, and so on.
- Homeowners Association: For governing bodies that manage common areas of owned real estate communities such as condominiums or gated communities.
- Hospitality: Suited to businesses like hotels and motels.
- Manufacturing: Ideal for any business that manufactures goods like clothes, cars, furniture and more.
- Office: Protects offices that are homes to doctors, lawyers, accountants and other service professionals.
- Religious Organization: Perfect for churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and other religious organizations.
- Restaurant and Food Truck: Suited to entrepreneurs that own restaurants, food trucks and other casual dining establishments.
- Retail Store: Aids in protecting salons, dry cleaners, boutiques and conveniences stores.
- Wholesale: For businesses that provide wholesale goods and services to retail industries.
Farmers is a general small business insurance provider. However, their main policy options can be tailored to 13 different industries, which are their main focus. This is one of the best impressions we have from our Farmers Business Insurance Review.
Financial Strength Ratings for Farmers Small Business Insurance
Farmers Insurance Group has a B+ (Good) through A.M Best. The outlook for this credit rating remains stable.
Customer Satisfaction Ratings for Farmers Small Business Insurance
Farmers ranks 4th in in small commercial insurance customer satisfaction ratings, according to J.D. Power’s latest 2019 U.S. Small Commercial Insurance Study, outperforming 10 competitors and gaining “Better than most” status category by earning a four Power Circle™ rating in the study. It ranks lower than Nationwide, American Family, and Chubb in the study.
Consumer Complaints Ratings of Farmers Small Business Insurance
Customer reviews of Farmers Insurance provided by the Better Business Bureau are less than stellar. The most common complaint is about agents’ lack of responsiveness to those involved in claims. In the past three years, Farmers has received 701 complaints and only 216 were investigated and closed in the last 12 months.
Digital Experience Ratings of Farmers Small Business Insurance
For this article, we got a simple business insurance quote to help you understand how their process works.
This is the initial screen for the process:
After selecting business and entering a sample zip code, we were taken to this screen where you enter information about your business such as industry, number of employees, business name and its location. For this example we stated that it was a professional services business with less than 25 employees in the zip code entered on the previous screen.
After that, you’ll be taken to this screen where you enter your personal information:
After clicking submit, we received a message thanking us for our inquiry and we were informed that a local agent will reach out. It was nice to see the final screen include the local agent’s information in case we wanted to make contact sooner. A final bonus was the option to add another quote in with the one that was previously submitted.
Although the digital experience is quite nice, Farmers doesn’t offer quotes online, but requests customers to work with local agents to get a quote.
- Farmers Insurance is a general insurance provider that can tailor conventional coverage options to different industries.
- Farmers ranks the 4th in in small commercial insurance customer satisfaction ratings, according to J.D. Power’s latest 2019 U.S. Small Commercial Insurance Study.
- The digital experience is quite smooth. However, Farmers doesn’t offer quotes online. Instead, they match you with a local agent.