Auto Owners Insurance has been around for a long time, since 1916. It is one of the nation’s largest insurers, providing insurance to nearly three million policyholders. Licensed agents sell home, auto, life and business insurance. Their agent network is quite extensive, with over 47,000 agents in more than 6,300 agencies across the United States.
Below, we take a look at the pros and cons, customer experience and other factors.
- Business Insurance Products Offered : 80/100
- Financial Strength: 100/100
- Customer Satisfaction Rating: 80/100
- Consumer Complaints Rating: 60/100
- Digital Experience Rating: 50/100
- Flexible policy options
- Working with an agent offers a personal touch
- They have many discounts for small business owners
- Their commercial auto insurance offers roadside assistance
- They have a hotline where you can report non-emergency work injuries
- Loss control consultants will help you identify risks and help you figure out how to mitigate them
- They are not available in every state—only Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, IIinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin.
- You have to get a quote through an agent. They don’t do online quotes.
Business Insurance Products Offer by Auto Owners
They offer a variety of policies for your small business needs, such as:
Financial Strength Rating for Auto Owners Small Business Insurance
Auto Owners Insurers has a financial strength rating of A++ (Superior) from A.M. Best. This is the highest financial strength rating, so you can rest assured that Auto Owners Insurance Company has the financial backing to pay out their claims.
Customer Satisfaction Rating for Auto Owners Small Business Insurance
According to J.D. Power’s small commercial insurance study, Auto Owners Insurance rates four out of five stars, which is better than most. They earned four star ratings in overall satisfaction, interaction, pricing, and billing and payment. They only categories they earned three stars in were policy offerings and claims.
Consumer Complaints Rating for Auto Owners Small Business Insurance
The BBB gives Auto Owners Insurance an A+ rating. They have been accredited with the BBB since 2016. There are 117 customer complaints on the BBB website, which is not unusual for a business of this size. Most of them are marked as resolved.
According to the NAIC, the index for Auto Owners Insurance for Commercial Liability insurance is 1.67, which is higher than the median of 1.00. For commercial property insurance, though, the index score is .42, which is quite a bit lower than the median. The workers’ compensation index is .95, which is close to the median. Overall, it works out to close to average.
Digital Experience Rating for Auto Owners Small Business Insurance
The good news is that you can find some good information on their company website, such as how to save money with the discounts they offer. Their blog has helpful articles on safety, which is great.
The customer center allows you pay your bill, view your documents, check the status of a claim and your claim history and get your agent’s contact information.
The bad news is that they do not do online quotes. You must call and speak to an agent.
If you want to work with an agent and you live in state they insure, Auto Owners insurance for small business could be a great option for you. They have good customer service, although not such a progressive digital experience. It could be worth it to call an agent to discuss your insurance needs.